As Commercial Lead on the Auckland EMU procurement project, Andrew brings the experience and learnings from one of the largest and most complex transport procurement projects in New Zealand in recent years, the procurement of Auckland’s first electric train fleet and long term maintenance arrangements.
Andrew was involved in all areas of procurement team responsibilities including:
- Input to procurement documents and procurement strategy
- Development of the evaluation strategy and evaluation criteria
- Review and input to supply and maintenance contracts
- Oversight of financial modelling for the supply, maintenance and depot scenarios
- Member of 4 person TET
- Formulation of an availability and performance regime under the long term maintenance contract
- Developing the negotiation strategies and leading the commercial aspects of the negotiations with the two shortlisted bidders
As the lead commercial advisor Andrew was responsible for managing a team of senior financial and commercial advisors from tier 1 and tier 2 Australian and NZ firms.
In leading the commercial work stream, he oversaw the financial modelling for the project. These financial models were used, inter alia, to model the whole of life costs of the rolling stock and maintenance services and to determine the Price Estimate, required for the NZTA prescribed Price Quality (PQ) evaluation methodology.